Wednesday, December 21, 2011
A Managed Service Provider or MSP is like a virtual IT department.
When a company subscribes to a managed IT service, a managed service provider manages the hardware, software, and network equipment on the customers' premises and at the MSP's data center.
Managed Service Providers also provide day-to-day support. Help desk technicians manage calls and requests. Systems technicians monitor the network and systems, applying backups, upgrades and patches, protecting the system via secure firewalls and monitoring for computer viruses, worms and other threats. Field technicians visit the customer site.
Benefits of IT management services:
Small and medium businesses choose managed IT services and Managed Service Providers because they:
- Help focus human and financial resources on a company's core business;
- Provide a stable, reliable, scalable IT environment;
- Increase the level of IT support and systems availability without adding more internal staff;
- Make your IT costs more stable and predictable;
- Provide access to new technologies and an enhanced IT skills base;
- Reduce the costs and risks associated with IT services, hardware, software, operations and support;
- Make it easier for companies to adapt to changing business conditions and new business processes.
mindSHIFT provides managed IT and cloud services to small and medium-size businesses across the United States and around the world.
Our unique approach is our focus on customer service. Our support team is at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, providing you the IT support you need for your business. Best of all, we stay engaged with clients through a Customer Advocate, a single point of contact who will address your issues and concerns, coordinate regular site visits, meetings, email and phone communication, and more.