mindSHIFT has secure, geographically dispersed data centers in the United States. No matter what mindSHIFT service you are using, you can be assured that your data is safe, secure, backed up, and always available.
Data Centers – Facts at a Glance:
SSAE-16, formerly known as SAS 70 Type II, is an internationally recognized auditing standard. SSAE-16 compliance gives you confidence that we follow the most rigorous standards for controls and safeguards available when hosting or processing your data. The standard covers nine specific areas, including network monitoring, customer service, data backup, change management, deployment and physical security.
And, you’ll save time and money by using our SSAE-16 compliance report to support your own SSAE-16, financial or other audit.
- Access to the data center is restricted to authorized personnel by two-factor authentication, including biometric scanners. All entrances and common areas are monitored 24/7 via closed-circuit cameras.
- Card access & biometric security
- Perimeter security with IP camera system
- Zoned access control security system, including biometric scanning
- FM200 fire suppression
- Individual cabinet environment monitoring (heat, humidity, amperage)
On-site redundant power sources include uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and backup generators, including an on-site multiple-day fuel supply. Our generators and failover systems are regularly tested to ensure a seamless cutover in the event of a grid failure or other electrical emergency. Our UPS features redundant battery cabinets and a full maintenance bypass, allowing for service and upgrades without interruption. Generator power is activated automatically in the event of a grid failure by the transfer switch.
- Carrier diversity via multiple Tier 1 providers
- Redundant backup diesel generators, including on-site multiple-day fuel capacity
- Redundant 208v/30amp power to each cabinet
- N+1 HVAC
- N+1 UPS
- N+1 generators
- N+1 power distribution units (PDU)
- Full network tape backup services, offsite storage, and disaster recovery
Enterprise-grade Infrastructure and Backbone
Our data centers feature Cisco multilevel architecture with redundant fiberoptic connections from multiple Tier 1 carriers. This enables us to provision a variety of mindSHIFT-managed dedicated circuits, including Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) connections.
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) system
- Carrier diversity via multiple OC48, OC12 and GigE trenched through multiple fiber conduits
- IP-KVM client access
Contact mindSHIFT to learn more about our data center services.