Mobile Device Management (MDM) for Education
A significant shift in how students learn is taking place in every classroom with tablets and virtual learning apps quickly replacing the traditional textbook. This change in how students learn and how teachers teach has increased the risk of data security breaches and strained IT resources that are expected to protect mobile assets, ensure appropriate usage and safeguard confidential information.
With mindSHIFT Mobile Device Management for Education, educational institutions can take advantage of mobility trends safely and securely while reducing IT workloads and costs.
What is Mobile Device Management for Education from mindSHIFT?
With mindSHIFT Mobile Device Management, or MDM, we take the burden of mobile device and mobile application management off your shoulders, providing you with the visibility, flexibility and automated controls to manage all school, student and employee-owned devices in a single, cloud-based solution. Not only can mindSHIFT MDM help protect the devices from being accessed by others but also prevent students from accessing the internet or other content during school hours. And, since MDM is delivered through the cloud, no investments in additional hardware or software are required to get started.
mindSHIFT MDM service includes:
- Comprehensive reporting on inventory data and key device statistics, including installed applications, device state and policy compliance.
- 24/7/365 help desk support via our mindSHIFT U.S.-based Customer Care Center.
- Remote lock or wipe of all data or just school related data if a device is lost or stolen.
- Over The Air (OTA) activation of mobile devices.
- Enforcement of password policies.
- Specification and enablement of global policies.
- Add or remove devices as needed quickly and easily.
Supported MDM device platforms include:
- Apple iOS4 and higher
- Android – OS versions 2.2 and higher
- Windows Phone 7 and higher
Mobile Device Management is available with all mindSHIFT managed IT services, including Total IT Management, as well as other cloud, data center and professional services.
Learn more about Total IT Management for K-12 Education.
Contact mindSHIFT to see how we can help you achieve IT Peace of Mind.
Learn more about: