Mobile Device Management (MDM) for Financial Services
Many personal financial advisors prefer the freedom of using iPads and other mobile devices to present product portfolios and capture client data when visiting offsite locations or their clients’ offices. Whether they bring their own device, commonly known as BYOD, or are given one by their firm, these devices are preferred to help maximize job performance and productivity.
However, financial services firms operate in a highly regulated and security sensitive environment. FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority), SEC regulations S-P, SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) and other mandates governing data handling also apply to mobile devices, increasing security and compliance risks. This consumerization of IT in financial services presents significant challenges to most firms’ existing mobile policies and IT workloads as the threat of a device being lost or stolen increases.
What is Mobile Device Management for Financial Services from mindSHIFT?
With mindSHIFT Mobile Device Management, or MDM, we reduce the expense and eliminate the challenge of securing and managing all mobile devices, enabling your firm to safely embrace workflow mobility trends and integrating them into your broader programs for IT governance, data security and regulatory compliance. We provide you with complete visibility into your organization’s mobile resources and usage and make the provisioning and integration of devices quicker and easier than ever before. And, since MDM is delivered through the cloud, no investments in additional hardware or software are required to get started.
mindSHIFT MDM service includes:
- Comprehensive reporting on inventory data and key device statistics, including installed applications, device state and policy compliance.
- 24/7/365 end user support via our mindSHIFT U.S.-based Customer Care Center.
- Remote lock or wipe of all data or just corporate data if a device is lost or stolen.
- Wireless activation of mobile devices.
- Enforcement of password policies.
- Specification and enablement of global policies.
- Add or remove devices as needed quickly and easily.
Supported MDM device platforms include:
- Apple iOS4 and higher
- Android – OS versions 2.2 and higher
- Windows Phone 7 and higher
Mobile Device Management is available with all mindSHIFT managed IT services, including Total IT Management, as well as other cloud, data center and professional services.
Learn more about Total IT Management for Financial Services.
Contact mindSHIFT to see how we can help you achieve IT Peace of Mind.
Learn more about: