Virtualization enables you to run and manage multiple operating systems on a single physical server so you can save money and reduce downtime. With cloudSHIFTSM Server from mindSHIFT, you can take advantage of our expertise, facilities, and support to achieve all the benefits of virtualization, without the time, costs and resources required to deploy and maintain your own on-premises solution.
With cloudSHIFT Server, you’ll reduce your physical server footprint so you can:
- Save money and support Green initiatives
- Avoid capital expenditures of new servers and storage area networks (SANs)
- Increase hardware utilization by up to 10 times
- Save energy
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity initiatives
- Recover nearly instantaneously (vs. hours or days) from server failures
- Access a fully redundant enterprise-class infrastructure at a fraction of the cost of building and maintaining your own secondary site
- Take advantage of technology experts and avoid the resources, hassle and expense required for ongoing systems management
- Focus on more strategic initiatives
cloudSHIFTSM Server: On-Demand – Your own cloud server — what you need, when you need it. A cost-effective, self-service option that allows you to quickly build your own virtual servers.
cloudSHIFTSM Server: Enterprise – mindSHIFT deploys, manages and supports your organization's virtual server environment in our data centers.
mindSHIFT Cloud for IBM i: Hosted LPAR – We offer mindSHIFT cloud services specific to IBM i Power Systems (including AS/400, iSeries and System i) customers. Logical partitioning (LPAR) is an innovative approach to server management that offers the benefits and efficiencies of server consolidation without sacrificing the flexibility and scalability of maintaining separate servers. We host LPARs (HLPAR) on servers owned and maintained by us in our data centers so you can take advantage of LPAR’s benefits without the hassle, time and cost of owning and maintaining your own equipment. Organizations also use mindSHIFT hosted LPARs to obtain a high-availability solution, in which a second LPAR provides backup, hot standby, load-balancing, and compliance for their primary production server.
Learn more about Managed hosting for IBM i Power Systems.
Contact mindSHIFT to learn more about mindSHIFT's cloud services.