Hassle-Free Disk Encryption Service from mindSHIFT Technologies Vastly Simplifies Organizations’ Mandated Adoption of Encryption
mindSHIFT’s Service Helps Enable Compliance with New Massachusetts Data Privacy Law, Provides Rapid Deployment of Encryption, and Operates Automatically and Transparently
Fairfax, VA - May 28, 2009
With only 7 months left for business owners to comply with the Massachusetts 201 CMR 17.00 regulations to protect and encrypt personal information of Massachusetts residents, mindSHIFT Technologies, a leading provider of IT infrastructure and technology services, today announced a fully-managed disk encryption service that automatically and securely protects data.
Because mindSHIFT provides encryption as a service, organizations can get up-and-running with encryption and start complying with privacy laws in days– vs. the months-long process of up-front evaluation, procurement and implementation that accompanies the acquisition of new technology.
mindSHIFT’s Managed Disk Encryption Service is a fully-managed service for automatic full disk encryption, a process which scrambles the data on an employee’s laptop or desktop hard drive so that only the authorized user of the workstation can access and use the applications and files on that system.
In addition to helping organizations comply with the new Massachusetts regulation – and many others like it – full disk encryption can also prevent unauthorized access to and use of an organization’s confidential information. With automatic full disk encryption, organizations can encrypt entire disks – including user files, system files and temporary/swap files – on employees’ laptops and desktops. Thus, lost or stolen equipment doesn’t lead to lost or stolen data.
Full Management of Encryption by mindSHIFT
A fully-managed service, mindSHIFT’s Managed Disk Encryption Service (MDES) gives organizations a fully bundled solution -- including hardware, software, maintenance, service and support – for a single monthly fee. The encryption service offers several benefits over an in-house, hardware or software-based solution for encryption:
- No training or technology learning curve. Neither IT staff nor management need to become experts on encryption.
- Rapid time-to-implementation. The organization can start using encryption quickly – vs. months later -- as the lengthy up-front evaluation, licensing, procurement and implementation process is completely avoided.
- Minimal upfront costs. Neither IT training nor capital expenditures on additional hardware are required with this solution.
- Worry-free maintenance. Valuable time is saved in the time-consuming maintenance process. Management and IT professionals can therefore focus on more business-critical areas of the business.
- Ease of use. It’s so transparent that end-users can continue their day-to-day work as usual, using their existing Windows password, without the need for training
- Live support. mindSHIFT’s experienced, fully-trained IT experts, based in the U.S., are always available, 24x7.
For additional security, mindSHIFT offers laptop theft recovery, data deletion and workstation and server backup services for lost or stolen systems.
About mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
mindSHIFT provides technology peace of mind to small and medium-sized organizations by delivering premier IT infrastructure and software services that utilize the most reliable and advanced systems and processes in the world. Organizations use mindSHIFT’s IT management services to keep their businesses running 24x7, to increase reliability and to protect mission-critical data. mindSHIFT is ranked Number One among managed IT services providers by MSPmentor®. We make IT work for your business.® www.mindSHIFT.com