mindSHIFT Technologies launches cloud backup solution for Veeam users
WALTHAM, MA - March 10, 2015
mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc., a Ricoh company, announced today that it is offering Veeam® Software users the ability to easily back up their on-premises VMware and Hyper-V workloads in mindSHIFT’s cloud back up their on-premises VMware and Hyper-V workloads in mindSHIFT's cloud. The mindSHIFT® Cloud Backup for Veeam service is available today.
How it Works:
- Users of Veeam Availability Suite™ and Veeam Backup & Replication™ v8 can use mindSHIFT’s cloud to back up important data.
- Users choose mindSHIFT as their Veeam service provider and point their backups to the hosted mindSHIFT backup repository where the data will be stored.
- The technology behind the service is Veeam Cloud Connect.
Why Users Should Care:
- mindSHIFT Cloud Backup for Veeam removes the need for VPN tunnels and dedicated repositories—historical hurdles to backing up in the cloud. With this service, the backups take place over an SSL-encrypted connection and cloud gateway.
- Not only can users back up to the cloud, they can also recover entire servers or individual data objects directly from the cloud, without downloading large backup files.
- Users do not need to incur significant capital expenses by having to invest in a physical second site for backups.
- Users can accelerate their cloud backups using Veeam’s built-in WAN acceleration.
- mindSHIFT’s expertise and experience with Veeam is a result of being both a user and partner for more than five years.
- Get more details on mindSHIFT Cloud Backup for Veeam.
How to Order:
- Contact a mindSHIFT Consultant
About mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
mindSHIFT, a Ricoh company, is one of the largest IT outsourcing and cloud services providers, serving small and mid-size businesses for 15 years. At mindSHIFT, we’re about keeping your IT systems up and running, providing personal attention and making you more productive. We’re big enough to offer the facilities, services and expertise you expect, but small enough to provide the support and attention you demand. Learn more at www.mindSHIFT.com.
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2014, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,195 billion yen based on the IFRS accounting standard (approx. 21.3 billion USD).
The majority of the company's revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/.
© 2015 Ricoh Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
Breakaway Communications for Ricoh