mindSHIFT unveils new proactive IT security offerings to protect customers’ information
IT Security, Risk and Compliance Services help customers get out ahead of security threats
STERLING, VA, July 6, 2016 – mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc., a Ricoh company, today announced the launch of mindSHIFT IT Security, Risk and Compliance Services. This latest addition to mindSHIFT’s robust IT services portfolio will enable customers to take a proactive approach to information security.
Available to customers today, mindSHIFT’s IT Security, Risk and Compliance Services consist of three distinct services to help organizations identify and mitigate risk from security breaches, cyberattacks, rogue employees and to help organizations achieve compliance with federal, state and industry regulations. These services include External Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Testing and Cybersecurity Risk Assessments.
How it Works:
- mindSHIFT provides External Vulnerability Assessment services on a quarterly basis, or as a one-time service depending on the customer’s requirements. These services are comprised of two (2) components:
- Vulnerability scanning and reporting
- Analysis and remediation planning
As part of this service, mindSHIFT scans externally facing assets for vulnerabilities, reports its findings and develops a remediation plan with the customer. Scanning typically looks for vulnerabilities such as missing patches, outdated software versions, open ports and OS services.
- External Penetration Testing looks for system or service vulnerabilities that expose systems, applications, or data to unauthorized access. This testing is designed to attack the customer’s network from the outside, simulating an attack by a cybercriminal attempting to compromise systems.
- Internal Penetration Testing has similar goals with mindSHIFT testing for unauthorized access points from within, which may be accessed by a “rogue employee,” a competitor or a cybercriminal with access to the corporate network from within the organization.
- The Cybersecurity Risk Assessment is an independent review of a customer’s environment, based on the NIST Security framework. This approach seeks to identify cyber risks and put controls in place to not only mitigate risk, but also to measure progress in mitigation.
Why Businesses Should Care:
- For years, a reactive approach to security, relying on email security, anti-viruses, and patching, has been the standard. Unfortunately, today’s threats evolve too fast and provide too great a danger to maintain this course.
- Unlike threat-specific measures like anti-virus definitions or email blacklists, proactive security measures, designed and implemented by security experts at mindSHIFT, cut off common entry points for a wide variety of would-be threats.
- Many industries, such as healthcare and higher education, demand certain cybersecurity measures to maintain regulatory compliance and avoid fines.
- Information security has never been more important for businesses. Businesses use and safeguard more information than at any time in history, and much of their success and reputation is dependent on how well they do both. In fact, according to the National Cyber Security Alliance, “60% of small firms go out of business within six months of a data breach.”
Jack Kincaid, Chief Operating Officer, Cipriani & Werner: “mindSHIFT knows the legal industry and the vulnerabilities of law firms. Working with mindSHIFT gives us great comfort. We’re confident we have done everything humanly possible to protect our proprietary and client data.”
For details on Ricoh’s full line of products, services and solutions, please visit www.ricoh-usa.com
About mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
mindSHIFT, a Ricoh company, is one of the largest IT outsourcing and cloud services providers, serving small and mid-size businesses for 15 years. At mindSHIFT, we’re about keeping your IT systems up and running, providing personal attention and making you more productive. We’re big enough to offer the facilities, services and expertise you expect, but small enough to provide the support and attention you demand. Learn more at www.mindSHIFT.com.
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, visual communications systems, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2016, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,209 billion yen (approx. 19.6 billion USD).
© 2016 mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. mindSHIFT is a registered service mark of mindSHIFT technologies, Inc. Ricoh is a registered trademark and service mark of Ricoh USA, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.